When this blog was created, its sole purpose was to be a creative outlet. Quickly, I’ve figured out that I’m not the creative person all the time, I ride a rolling cart of creativity and it’s mostly been careening downhill at breakneck speed. Then, as I was showering, I had an idea, yes, most of my ideas come to me when I’m doing mindless tasks such as self grooming. I digress. My idea was that I’d pick up where I’d left off years ago. What on earth does that mean, you say? Well, in 2005, a blog was born in my name. The only problem was that Facebook, or should I call it Facestand had entered the scene, leaving me feeling less like blogging and more mesmerized by needless details. Not only has my time been chewed up and spit out, I don’t have an organized pattern of thought that I can go back and reread. Lastly, what if I died? What kind of story is FB? It isn’t a story at all, It’s a newsstand of changing one-liners and links. So, that said, I’m back for good. I don’t have incredible, professional thoughts, I just have a real life that tends to teeter on the edge of collapse, or so I think.
The rules are as follows. Call me out if I break them, okay? Pretend I’m raising my right hand…only because I’m left-handed.
1. I will try to conveymy thoughts in a small structure, utilizing bullets and numbers to aid in the quick consumption.
2. I won’t hide truth. Duh. Nobody makes friends just lunching, they have to share their stinky trash too.
3. I will be able to answer questions that pertain to the life events discussed, I just won’t give my address or become the victim of a crime.
4. I will be open about the ups and downs of life. Please don’t think I’ve lost my salvation, I’m only human. Sorry.
5. I may quote things inaccurately, spell things incorrectly, have poor grammar and I may NOT be like you. Not sorry.
6. I am saved by GRACE and LOVE has covered ALL my sins. I am NOT perfect so don’t think I am. That would be awful. ugh.
There. I’ve been freed from the sticky tentacles of social media. Let the living begin, free, honest and in read-worthy form.